Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants will be rated using a 100-point scale and evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Experience Assessment: 50 points
- Performance Appraisal: 35 points
- Awards: 10 points
- Career Achievements: 5 points
- Ability to analyze issues and present fully supported findings, conclusion, and recommendations. Maximum Points: 9 points
- Knowledge of the Social Security Act. Maximum Points: 8
- Ability to conduct research on technical and program issues. Maximum Points: 6
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing. Maximum Points: 9
- Skill in using a personal computer. Maximum Points: 9
- Knowledge of case processing. Maximum Points: 9
Applicants must also meet the following to qualify for this position:
Applicant must be an active member in good standing, duly licensed, authorized and eligible to practice as an attorney under the laws of a state, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a U.S. Territory.
TO BE CONSIDERED, APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE PROOF THAT THEY ARE AN ACTIVE MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING, DULY LICENSED, AUTHORIZED AND ELIGIBLE TO PRACTICE LAW.
NEW REQUIREMENT: PROOF OF ACTIVE BAR MEMBERSHIP MUST INCLUDE MONTH, DAY, YEAR AND BE DATED WITHIN A YEAR OF THE CLOSING DATE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants for promotion must have 52 weeks at GS-12.
Time in grade requirement must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Position to be filled under the provisions of the SSA/AFGE Merit Promotion Plan. Additional selections may be made within 3 months of the date of the initial selection.
LOCALITY PAY: Salary will be set in accordance with locality pay provisions. Candidates currently receiving a higher locality pay than the office applied for are advised that should they be selected, they will lose entitlement to the higher locality pay.
These positions are eligible for telework.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
These are (5/5c) public trust moderate risk position. The selected employee will be required to complete a Standard Form 85p, Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions, in order to have the appropriate investigation conducted, unless the employee has been previously certified eligible to occupy a position at this level.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be assessed using the rating criteria listed in the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10125206