Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants will be rated using a 100-point scale and evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Experience Assessment: 50 points
- Performance Appraisal: 35 points
- Awards: 10 points
- Career Achievements: 5 points
- Ability to analyze issues and present fully supported findings, conclusion, and recommendations. Maximum Points: 9 points
- Knowledge of the Social Security Act. Maximum Points: 8
- Ability to conduct research on technical and program issues. Maximum Points: 6
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing. Maximum Points: 9
- Skill in using a personal computer. Maximum Points: 9
- Knowledge of case processing. Maximum Points: 9
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants for promotion must have 52 weeks at GS-12.
Time in grade requirement must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Position to be filled under the provisions of the SSA/AFGE Merit Promotion Plan. Additional selections may be made within 3 months of the date of the initial selection.
LOCALITY PAY: Salary will be set in accordance with locality pay provisions. Candidates currently receiving a higher locality pay than the office applied for are advised that should they be selected, they will lose entitlement to the higher locality pay.
This position is eligible for telework.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This is a (5/5c) moderate risk public trust position. The selected employee will be required to complete a Standard Form 85p, Questionnaire for Public Trust Positions, in order to have the appropriate investigation conducted, unless the employee has been previously certified eligible to occupy a position at this level.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be assessed using the rating criteria listed in the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10124818