Oak Hill Montessori offers a warm and loving environment for its students, provides a premier learning experience through the Montessori method, and strives to meet the needs of each child. We are seeking a Director to lead in the day-to-day operation of the school, train and supervise staff, set instructional objectives, work to build good relationship with parents, enroll new students and maintain current students. Our Director should have the following training and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (required), with an early childhood education degree preferred
- Deep understanding of Montessori principles preferred (AMI / AMS/ MACTE training preferred)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the management or administration of a licensed child-care center
- Knowledge of licensing standards
- At least one year direct teaching experience with preschool-age children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Energetic, dynamic, and compassionate personality
- Updated immunization record.
- All applicants must be able to pass fingerprinting and a background check & be able to pass health screening and a TB test.
- Manage day-to-day operations and activities at the school.
- Oversee the day-to-day administrative details of operating a center
- Coordinate curriculum, review class lesson plans and program planning
- Hire, train, and evaluate teachers.
- Supervise teachers, assistant teachers and other support staff. Work actively with teachers to maintain high curriculum standards.
- Plan and coordinate school events
- Establish performance goals and objectives.
- Explain or answer procedural questions.
- Visit classrooms and observe teaching methods.
- Review instructional objectives and adjust accordingly.
- Develop positive relationships with parents, children, and families
- Welcome prospective new students and parents and conduct tours
- Process new enrollment applications
- Record keeping including maintaining children's files and class schedules
- Substitute teach as needed in any age group (8 weeks to 6 year olds)
Our school offers a competitive salary based on education and experience as well as paid holidays and paid leave. Please respond with your resume, three work-related references, and a cover letter describing examples of how your experience and skills match our school’s needs.
Apply for Preschool Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly