We are looking for a Transportation Manager to plan and coordinate our daily product shipments. To succeed in this role, you should have thorough knowledge of supply chain management and an understanding of warehouse procedures, including storing goods, dispatching orders and tracking transportation vehicles. You should also be familiar with safety processes and legal regulations.
Ultimately, you will ensure that all shipments are handled quickly, safely and within budget.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position is responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organisation. This includes managing budgets, organising schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.
- Plan and supervise the shipments from production to the end-user
- Schedule daily and weekly routes
- Track orders using functional systems (e.g. barcodes and tracking software)
- Coordinate with Warehouse Workers to ensure proper storage and distribution of products
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Ensure shipping documents are properly filed
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Research and suggest cost-effective shipping methods
- Conduct regular safety audits on equipment
- Organize training sessions for employees (e.g. proper use of machines and handling of hazardous material)
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders
- Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping legislation
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations
SKILLS and QUALITIES
- Ability to appraise and use IT packages and electronic communication methods.
- Tact, diplomacy and calmness, especially when dealing with tired drivers and disgruntled customers.
- An analytic mind and good numeracy skills.
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- Good people management and coordination skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
REQUIREMENTS - Proven work experience as a Transportation Manager, Shipping Manager - Solid knowledge of supply chain management - Experience preparing and tracking orders - Familiarity with logistics software, like Freightview and 3Plink - Excellent organizational skills - Ability to supervise and train staff - Problem-solving abilities - Bachelor’s Degree required and Master Degree preferred - BSc in Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant field is a plus
Apply for Transportation Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly