COMMUNITY RELATIONS (CR) COORDINATOR
Are you interested in working at Close Up? Awesome! Here’s what you need to know.
As a civic education organization, our mission is to help high school and middle school students become more effective and informed citizens. For more than 45 years, we have fulfilled that goal by bringing over 850,000 students and teachers from throughout the country to Washington, DC, to experience the nation’s government ‘close up.’
We are looking for a talented and driven community fundraiser to actively manage and grow donations across a dedicated territory within the United States. You will connect with local organizations and individuals to secure funds, helping us increase the number of low-income students participating in our programs.
- Super-organized. You can multi-task the meetings, proposals, and follow-up required to foster long-term relationships with donors. Your attention to detail and ability to multi-task are second to none.
- Creative. You take initiative and drive your own success. You approach each day with high energy, finding new ways to connect with potential partners.
- Experienced. You have a successful fundraising, sales, or education background and a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Fearless. You’re not afraid to call the decision-makers or travel to finalize a partnership. You like to move fast and will manage and develop your business.
- Passionate. You can’t wait to introduce our one-of-a-kind civic education program to local organizations and inspire them support students in their community.
- Work with community leaders, elected officials, and foundation staff. You will create and grow a network of financial supporters.
- Learn Close Up’s products and offerings. You can eloquently talk about our programs and services, their impact on youth, and their importance to the broader community.
- Create local interest in Close Up’s mission and programs. Your focus will be to create new relationships with local organizations and individuals, and build a long-term plan for increasing annual fundraising targets.
- Strategize and implement plans to expand funding opportunities. You’ll help identify the best ways to reach prospective donors within your assigned territory.
- Build a strong pipeline and secure donations. You will maintain and grow a healthy pipeline and will achieve and surpass planned fundraising goals.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll trust you to get work done and, in turn, will provide you with a flexible vacation policy.
- Give you what you need. We’ll provide you with comprehensive training to set you up for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You will be surrounded by people equally committed to the Foundation’s success, allowing for constant collaboration amongst the various internal stakeholders.
- Provide you with many other benefits. You’ll receive a competitive base salary, impressive commission structure, medical and life insurance, and more.
This position is a work from home opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, all applications must include a cover letter and resume; subject line should read "Community Relations Coordinator". Candidates who meet our qualifications are encouraged to apply.