Registered Nurse, Oncology Certified, RN OCN
Outstanding Certified Oncology Registered Nurse, RN OCN Opportunity at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, Fort Belvoir, VA!
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at Fort Belvoir and experience the pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Center Military Veterans!
* Elevate your career by applying for our RN OCN opportunity in support of Fort Belvoir Community Hospital!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full Time Position Days, Monday - Friday!
* NO Weekends! NO Call!
* PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* 401K, STD, LTD!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
POSITION SUMMARY: This opportunity offers a competitive salary/benefits in a collegial, professionally supportive and patient-focused military healthcare system. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, team oriented and patient focused Oncology RN. Our RN OCN opportunity in support of our Radiation Oncology Team offers a very manageable workflow and highly appreciative military/patient clientele.
SCHEDULING & STAFFING:
* Services shall be provided between the hours of 0700 - 1600, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week . A thirty minute uncompensated lunch break will be given during the shift as determined by the clinical department.
RDStaffCO, a SBA certified, minority woman-owned and operated healthcare staffing services and contract management company headquartered in Bowie, MD. RDStaffCo provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.rdstaffco.com
SPECIFIC DUTIES/TASKS: Oncology Registered Nurse duties shall include:
* Assist in the case management of cancer patients such as scheduling appointments and referrals, vascular access, and orders as appropriate for laboratory, radiology, and pharmacy and schedules referrals to other clinics, treatment facilities and ancillary services for total patient care.
* Assist in counseling and monitoring patients entering clinical trial protocols.
* Explain procedures and treatments to patients and significant others to alleviate apprehension and gain cooperation and support.
* Obtain initial health history of cancer patients, including obtaining recent hospital summaries, pathology reports, operation records, laboratory, radiological, and pharmaceutical information related to patient encounters to screen for disease and surgically related problems.
* Serve as intermediary for community resources to aid oncology patients and assist in providing ongoing patient education programs.
* Provide info to institution/national HQs on routine basis for the follow up of patients on protocols.
* Provide specialized nursing care to oncology patients as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
* Work productively as a part of a team of professionals to assess the effectiveness of existing programs and plan for providing further development of patient care programs.
* Provide individual and family counseling for cancer patients.
* Promote clean, safe clinic environment thru safe practices in ongoing quality assurance.
* Recognize emergencies and respond with appropriate protocol; e.g. resuscitation, oxygen, emergency drugs, cardiac massage, application of medical equip and other, per medical staff .
* Provide education and training on clinic operations and treatments, radiation therapy treatments and effects to other nursing care providers and clinicians.
* Administer cancer related therapies for the treatment of cancer and the prevention of radiation side effects; i.e., hormonal and Amifostine injections.
* Education: Must have a BSN Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution.
* Licensure: Maintain a current and unrestricted RN license to practice nursing in any US State, District or Territory.
* Experience : Must have a minimum of 3 years of RN experience within the preceding 5 years with experience in radiation oncology or other oncology specialties.
* Certification: 1) Possess and maintain Oncology Nurse Certification (ONCC) . 2) Maintain a current BLS certification (American Heart Association – Healthcare Provider).
* Additional Required Knowledge: 1) Professional care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures. 2) A variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. 3) Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care. 4) Computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
Apply for Registered Nurse, Oncology Certified, RN OCN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly