Software Engineer II (Web Developer – Fullstack)
Position Opening: Software Engineer II (Web Developer – Fullstack)
Department: Legislative Computer Systems
Office of the Clerk
U.S. House of Representatives
Starting Salary: Up to $104,758
Closing Date: February 19, 2018
The Office of the Clerk for U.S. House of Representatives is seeking a dynamic and innovative Software Engineer (Web Developer – Fullstack) to join a development team that is dedicated to building and enhancing systems critical to legislative operations, used by Members of Congress, Committees, other internal agencies and the public. This position will focus on providing developer level support to both new and existing development efforts.
As an experienced Software Engineer, the applicant must have the temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner. The applicant must be someone who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions when presented with challenges, works to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, is very detail-oriented, and takes pride in their work. Interested parties must work well under pressure in a professional environment, cooperatively, while collaborating with others. This position requires the ability to work in a small workstation in an office environment without an expectation of privacy, where noise levels are usually moderate. The nature of the work requires that the candidates must be willing to work overtime and/or work after hours on a short notice as needs arise.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Three or more years of experience building applications and services while working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Experience with SQL or noSQL databases
- A strong desire to research and study new emerging technologies for consideration in future and ongoing development efforts
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Experience supporting and working closely with project customers.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail.
Contact: No telephone inquiries please. Interested individuals may fax, mail, or email a cover letter and resume to:
The Office of the Clerk
Legislative Computer Systems
Attn: Mr. Kyle Donahue
2401 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D. C. 20515
Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act. Applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should email email@example.com for further information.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check. Employment with the U.S. House of Representatives is at-will. EOE.