Sr. Full-Stack Developer
7 days left
- Full Time
The incumbent will serve as a development manager for Angular/Node technical teams. This position will involve remaining current in the business and technical environment of the scientific, medical and technical publishing world, as well as other key technologies affecting APA business practices. The incumbent will champion a culture of agility in the development practices for key product lines in APA’s publishing products.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related discipline required, advanced degree desirable.
- At least 8 years progressive technical experience, 3 of them as a technical lead or development manager of a group of developers.
- At least 3 years of experience developing Angular and Node applications.
- Experience in the use of leading edge technologies to bring customer-facing products to market.
- Experience in object oriented design and development.
- Hands-on experience in designing complex system and application architecture.
- Experience in publishing technologies, product management, and user experience practices.
- Leadership experience in various development methodologies including agile.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of development methodologies.
Technical Skills Required:
- Proficiency with Angular.js (preferably Angular 2) and Node.js
- Session management
- Web frameworks
- Typescript language
- JSON and XML
- Web sockets for real-time communication
- Evaluate a set of business requirements, select an implementation approach, and clearly articulate reasons for any decisions.
- Determine a realistic schedule for a product upgrade or new feature, accounting for the schedule and resource requirements of other projects in the pipeline.
- Design an interface structure for integrating a new type of technology into existing products.
- Decide whether custom software, off the shelf software, or a cloud-based solution would be the best way to incorporate a new solution into our existing line.
- Work with engineering and internal client facing teams to prioritize and design product enhancements and new products. Provide presentations and diagrams to articulate the priorities and approaches proposed.
- Work closely with solution managers, and internal client teams to provide technical solutions and clarify any architectural issue that impacts requirements gathering and analysis process.
- Work with the project manager to list project tasks, and identify critical paths and dependencies for delivering new products and features. Identify any key risks that could come from the technology stack and application architecture.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the technologies involved in digital media products, including responsive design and multi-channel delivery of information products and e-commerce.
The American Psychological Association, located at 750 First St NE, Washington D.C., was named a 2014 recipient of the Washington Post Top Workplace. It is metro accessible from the Red Line.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system[bit.ly] and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary requirements. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.