Senior IT Business Analyst (1038-679)
The Senior Business Analyst serves as key team member on Information Technology (IT) Project teams for delivering project requirements; in supporting project teams; and in improving the products/services delivered by IT. They conduct project intake assessments to inform how incoming requests score on organizational factors such as compliance, risk, fiscal year goals, resources, and interdependencies among other requests and systems. They coordinate system outage requests. The Senior Business Analyst is expected to possess a holistic understanding of organizational systems and how they fit together.
Individuals in this role must be able to communicate clearly, listen, mitigate conflicts, collect requirements, and achieve desired results on projects using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills. They must be able to work across multiple organizational boundaries/levels, including Executive Leaders to deliver excellence in business analysis. The Senior IT Business Analyst helps define the processes and tools used to ensure quality deliverables within the constraints of project scope and dates.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates incoming requests for Information Technology (IT) Projects with Business Relationship Managers (BRMs), requesters, stakeholders, others and presents results to IT cross-functional teams
- Works as team member with Project Managers (PMs) to gather and document requirements from business relationship managers (BRMs), stakeholders, subject-matter experts (SMEs) and technical experts
- Facilitates business analysis and requirements gathering sessions
- Engages with BRMs, technical leads, and/or stakeholders to identify/extract project objectives, goals, and business processes to ensure delivery of requirements within project scope as defined in project charter
- Analyzes functional requirements for development readiness and testability in partnership with Technical Lead and Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Understands the integration and data consumption patterns between various systems, current/future state, user stories, process flows to support project team members
- Prepares project artifacts including use cases, user stories, workflows, process flows, and other documents as deemed necessary in consultation with PMs and in alignment with project methodology chosen.
- Responds to requirement related inquiries, clarification requests, and updates requirements while partnering with PMs
- Reviews project deliverables for quality
- Participates in requirement change requests and testing as needed
- Tracks and maintains requirements backlog for availability into subsequent projects. Ensures high-level project backlog requirements are documented and available in central repository
- Mentors other Business Analysts and Project Managers filling the BA role on current processes, documents, and techniques
- Works closely within IT in setting standards for business analysis deliverables, prepares and maintains templates
- Coordinates system outages requested by IT teams with stakeholders
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- At least eight (8) years of progressive experience in IT as Business Analyst, Consulting as Business Analyst or a similar role
- Proven success as a business analyst, with demonstrated ability to deliver requirements as an individual contributor.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Excel). Jira and Confluence experience is a plus.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) preferred.
- Excellent communication skills; expresses technical and business/functional requirements with high level of competency both orally and in writing. Listens attentively and reinforces key concepts. Must be able to follow written and verbal directions from individuals and groups expeditiously.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from detailed information to a more general understanding
- Ability to distinguish solution ideas from requirements with attention to details and accuracy without analysis paralysis.
- Defines and organize tasks, responsibilities and priorities. Takes responsibility for timely completion and is accountable to the team.
- Ability to produce quality requirements documents, process maps, use case diagrams, and other key artifacts.
- Collaborates with other members of the project team in pursuit of common mission, vision, value, and goals. Involves others in making decisions that affect them. Draws on the strengths of colleagues and gives credit to others’ contributions and achievements.
- Possesses ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment, and works with team to reach key decisions in a timely manner.
- Adoptable to changing needs of the organization and willingness to take-on ad hoc tasks as needed. Ability to excel in a fast paced environment with a high degree of change and ambiguity.
- Experience handling multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment with ability to reach decisions in a timely manner.
- Experience delivering quality requirements documents, process maps, user stories, use cases/diagrams, and other key artifacts as an individual contributor in a timely manner to meet project deadlines.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular