Junior Software Engineer
The Kennedy Center Information Technology department provides and supports a variety of applications, systems and tools to staff, performers, patrons and other constituents to enable this mission to be accomplished. This includes, but may not be limited to ERP systems for HRM and Finance, CRM systems for donor and customer management, internal and external websites, management systems for performance and event ticketing, gift shop POS, parking, and reporting across all data sets.
The junior software development engineer will work with the development team on software implementation and design. They will also develop, use and maintain an automated test suite and test harness for the API provided by the backend development team to the web page development team, run automated suites and investigate and report failures (bugs).
Duties and Responsibilities:
30% Design, develop, test and document software solutions in.NET
20% Design, develop, maintain and run automated tests to ensure the web API is functioning as intended and to documented specifications
20% Execute manual tests for functional or regression testing
10% Create bug reports in Jira and follow-up with assigned engineers, test fixes
10% Work with end users to assist them in designing and documenting User Acceptance tests
10% Interact with end users to assist them in reproducing or documenting errors
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as software engineering, computer science, information technology
- 2 years’ developing software solutions in .NET xxx, xxx
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment, and be self-directed
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development process (both waterfall and agile) including the role and importance of various levels of testing, including smoke, functional, regression, user acceptance
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including the ability to interact with non-technical staff
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Well organized and detail oriented
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion.