one Staff Accountant & Investment Analyst position and one Insurance Account Specialist position
6 days left
- Full Time
The Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 59,000 pilots at 33 U.S. and Canadian airlines), seeks a Staff Accountant & Investment Analyst and an Insurance Account Specialist and for our office in Herndon, Virginia, office.
Staff Accountant & Investment Analyst
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area, e.g., accounting, business, finance, economics, statistics, or actuarial science from an accredited college or university is required, MBA preferred; or, the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM) preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in investment performance analysis environment required.
- Experience with insurance products and financial reporting strongly preferred.
- Financial Software: Zephyr Associates’ StyleADVISOR and AllocationADVISOR and Morningstar® databases of Mutual Fund, Separate Account, and Collective Investment Trust (CIT) required, managers investment search tools preferred.
- Software: Microsoft Excel (Data and Pivot Tables), Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with internal staff, external contacts, pilots, and pilot committees.
- Excellent organizational and task prioritization skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently.
Insurance Account Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, e.g., accounting, finance, or related field, from an accredited college or university is required; or, the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of related experience required; four (4) or more years of billing/analyst experience preferred.
- Experience with billing/reconciliations, reporting, data analysis, and the like, strongly preferred.
- Data analysis knowledge sufficient to engage in requirements discussions with IT and to work effectively within existing databases essential.
- Voluntary benefits insurance experience is a definite plus.
- Working knowledge of VEBAs strongly preferred.
- Association and/or membership programs experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with contacts, internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an integral part of a team.
- Software: Microsoft Excel (Data and Pivot Tables), Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required. Customer relationship management (CRM) software experience strongly preferred. Lawson financial software, Infor expense processing, Aptify, and/or Tableau analytics platform experience preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule on short notice as needed.
Please apply online at https://jobs-alpa.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchLocation=&searchCategory=&hashed=124494839