Research and Membership Specialist
Title: Research and Membership Specialist
Reports To: Director of Research
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Experience working with databases, web-based survey techniques and tools, as well as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Must possess strong business writing and editing skills, excellent organizational skills, detailed oriented, and customer service focused. Experience in commercial real estate a plus, as well as some knowledge of statistical research methods.
Position Authority: Non-supervisory
General Responsibility: Assist with the development, delivery and evaluation of BOMA International research products and services. Support BOMA International membership and its products and services. Function as support staff for the Association Services, Research and IT department.
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and delivery of BOMA’s Office EER (Experience Exchange Report) and Industrial EER reports, including data collection and quality control.
- Assist with EER marketing and sales.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries from EER survey submitters, subscribers, potential subscribers, and local associations.
- Monitor eer.boma.org email account daily. Respond to questions and concerns within 24 hours.
- Analyze submission and survey results, with the express purpose of developing EER-results based status reports, articles and promotional materials.
- Assist with the development and delivery of education programs designed to enhance research and association services (membership) programs, products and services.
- Maintain and update all EER resources and research documentation as needed.
- Maintain all association services and research team sites; coordinate with other departments to provide the most up-to-date information.
- Distribute monthly membership dues invoices.
- Run monthly membership statistics and research sales reports. Analyze results and report on trends.
- Prepare and forward prospective and new member materials as needed, and assist in other membership projects as assigned.
- Maintain all association services, IT and research committee rosters in BOMA’s membership database.
- Support The Outstanding Buildings of the Year (TOBY) awards program, as needed.
- Coordinate department invoices and process check requests for tracking prepaid expenses and retaining allocated budgeted expenses.
- Provide assistance for BOMA’s bi-annual Economic Impact Study.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving relations with local associations through monthly follow-up procedures for research and membership related offerings.
- Create and refine surveys, overseeing data collection, quality control, analysis, and delivery.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to BOMA Internationals Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org; indicating the position for which you are applying.
BOMA International is an equal opportunity employer.