Manager, Project Management
The principal responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager (IT) role are:
- Provide project management leadership on large complex projects or programs including but not limited to the following:
o Lead the planning and execution of assigned projects.
o Confirming definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements.
o Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects; implement methods to monitor project progress, issues and risks.
o Initiate corrective actions when necessary.
o Manage project budget and resource allocation/assignment.
- Deliver assigned projects on time and on budget.
- Work with sponsors and other stakeholders to ensure that a clear understanding of the objectives and deliverables are obtained.
- Ensure buy in is obtained by all parties impacted by a project and that change impact is communicated and understood.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management methodology. Ensure that the methodology is used on projects managed by direct reports.
- Collaborate and communicate with the other Senior Project Manager and leadership in Planning and Programs to assure alignment across the portfolio of projects under Planning and Programs management.
- Day to day management of a Project Managers assigned as direct reports.
- Provide feedback and performance appraisals to direct reports in accordance with the firms’ performance management process. Contribute to the professional development of direct reports through setting of professional development goals and mentoring.
- Provide help, advice and guidance, and where agreed between the department managers and project management resources to other teams.
- Work with other business services functions and work with their teams to successfully deliver their projects, clearly with a focus on the technology aspects.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement project management methods and tools. Provide expertise and consulting to project managers in the process of project management and related softer skills (e.g. influence, stakeholder expectation management, team building, etc.)
- Participate in outside professional activities to maintain knowledge on developments in the field.
- Any other activities as specified by the Global Head of Planning and Programs
- Identifies business issues that may impact the success of projects and works to resolve these issues. Ensures that the members of the project team deliver the tasks and project objectives required
- Applies in-depth functional knowledge and experience to resolve complex problems and provide guidance to the team. Demonstrates ability to anticipate problems and active involvement in managing these appropriately.
- Implements process/business change effectively and ensures the team understands the importance of any changes.
- Expert/highly adept in all modes of communications on a wide range of situations and across different audiences. Good presentation skills adapting style to audience.
- Communicates effectively with direct reports and Planning and Programs leadership. Handles difficult or unwelcome discussions with clarity and appropriate tone. Able to effectively represent IT to stakeholders, external service providers and vendors.
- Takes a lead in establishing strong stakeholder relationships.
- Acts as a role model in promoting the appraisal process; takes strategic approach to objective setting, linking it to the longer term vision of the firm
- Exercises good commercial judgment; ensures all contractual engagements with suppliers/service providers comply with authorization limits/HL terms of business.
- Listens and acts on feedback. Encourages and demonstrates commitment to knowledge sharing to provide opportunities for self and direct reports to develop new skills and improve performance.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement and service excellence. Proposes and implements ideas for quality improvement.
- Leads by example to create a high performance culture and demonstrates a commitment to the firm's leadership behaviors and values.
- Works effectively in a fast-paced complex environment. Assists subordinates to priorities work and meet deadlines.
- All members of the firm are encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program and perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated project and program management skills across a wide range of IT projects.
- At least 3 years direct supervisory experience.
- At least 10 years project management experience with increasing responsibility and scope/complexity of projects along with significant organizational change management components.
- Prince2 / PMP certification is a plus.
- Experienced in managing and working with teams in different countries and with different cultures.
- Experience with managing resources in a matrixes environment.
- Possesses effective leadership of staff such as team building and coaching skills.
- Understanding of law firms and legal industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of development methodologies (including waterfall and agile), project planning and risk/issue management.
- Familiarity with Project management Software applications such as Microsoft Project and WorkFront.
Core schedule is Monday through Friday; core hours may vary (eight (8) hour workday) with flexibility for additional hours as required. Note: many projects and routine operational activities require out of hours tasks as part of their execution. These are conducted by all members of the information technology function and the individual fulfilling this role will be expected to be a part of the technology team and take on ad-hoc out of hour's responsibilities as part of this role.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or protected veteran status or other factors protected by law.