Reporting, Data, & Systems Analyst
Reporting, Data, & Systems Analyst
The Reporting, Data, & Systems Analyst manages, maintains, upgrades and tests all of the software applications for the scheduling area of the Office of the University Registrar. S/he ensures quality student service by suggesting and approving credit tuition and fee rules in collaboration with Student Accounts. Reporting to the Associate University Registrar for Faculty Services, Scheduling and Classrooms, the Reporting, Data, & Systems Analyst has additional responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Creates, runs and distributes systems' reports for departments, faculty, supervisors and colleagues.
- Creates and produces tuition and fee related reports in COGNOS for error detection and correction, and in response to needs of Registrar and other departments as requested.
- Coordinates with program directors when new programs are created on tuition and fee rates and verifies that rates provided by the department have been approved by the GU Board of Directors.
- Works closely with Student Accounts to ensure proper assessment and billing of tuition and fees for students; Investigates and resolves department, parent and student inquiries regarding charges assessed to students.
- Under the direction of the Associate Registrar, assigns course section based tuition and fees for all Main Campus credit programs in Banner system.
- Works closely with the Manager of Course Evaluation Systems and contributes to the timely and accurate execution of the course evaluation process.
- Manages, maintains and trains on the course description and syllabi processes for departments and faculty.
- Significantly contributes to the preparation, updating, accuracy and timeliness of the schedule of classes.
- Responds and resolves inquiries from Financial Affairs and GU auditors regarding analyses of semester student billing output.
- Schedules ad·hoc rooms and prepares invoices when appropriate.
- Serves as back-up for front desk counter services.
- Minimum 3 - 4 years of higher education administration experience
- Experience with GU Banner student system fee assessment and Banner student registration with regard to fee assessment
- Knowledge of CourseLeaf, AdAstra, and/or EMS Class management systems
- Knowledge and skills to run reports, and to create new reports for fee assessment, GU financials reporting, and any new reporting needed
- Experience using Windows operating systems, standard PC software packages, and report writing tools
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.