Product Manager, Deposits and Loans
PenFed is hiring a Product Manager, Deposits and Loans in McLean, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to ensure the successful execution of strategic projects that advance
PenFed’s Deposits and Personal Loans business. The Product Manager will act as a business owner and drive projects that improve operational effectiveness, and introduce and enhance existing and new products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Proactively perform competitor analysis and keep knowledgeable about competitor products, features and strategies to influence product roadmaps.
- Manage multiple complex projects, with shifting priorities that require the ability to work with ambiguous issues and see relationships between them.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Technology, Design, Operations, Marketing and Compliance to plan and execute strategic initiatives.
- Develop and manage detailed requirements, project plans and risks/issues/decisions logs and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Must take ownership for deliverables and/or sections of deliverables.
- Identify opportunities for improvement (e.g. for operating effectiveness and efficiency) and implement strategic solutions to address business needs.
- Manage relationships across the organization and at times with external parties, senior leaders and vendors.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses, presentations, and special projects as needed.
- Ensure effective change management strategy and execution.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered. Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s or MBA Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ of product/project management, strategy and/or marketing experience.
- Strong results orientation, with a focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams.
- Ability to set direction, monitors progress, and ensure that working groups meet project deliverables.
- Strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities, and manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership and tailoring to multiple audiences.
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio skills (Advanced or Expert level preferred).
- Able to communicate, influence and reason effectively with business and technical partners
- Previous financial services experience
This position will directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.