Chief Financial Officer
- Full Time
10400 Detrick Avenue
4 Year Degree Grade:EX-02
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the direction and operation of the Finance Division. The CFO has the primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the Housing Opportunities Commission, an Agency with assets of over $1.1 billion, an operating budget in excess of $235 million and annual revenues of over $240 million. The position directs a staff of 45-50 employees who are responsible for accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, procurement, cash management and investments, accounts payable, tenant rent collections, payroll and risk management.
The Chief Financial Officer works to optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance the Agency's cash position. The CFO plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and continually evaluates the agency's fiscal functions and their performance. The incumbent advises on the impact of long range planning methods, the introduction of new programs and strategies and evaluates the effect on Agency goals from both a financial as well as a regulatory perspective. The CFO maintains relationships with external auditors and ensures all record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies; and, analyzes and investigates auditor findings and recommendations. The position is also responsible for providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Executive Director, the Commission and Executive Staff members in performing their responsibilities.WP
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Considerable knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, fund accounting, HUD accounting, profit accounting.
- Considerable knowledge of, or ability to acquire knowledge of, HOC's housing programs.
- Considerable knowledge of bond programs.
- Knowledge of the principles of budget and long-range planning.
- Knowledge of real estate sales and financing transactions.
- Ability to tactfully deal with people in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.