Manager, Network Operations
The Manager, Japan NOC Operations will be responsible for establishing our Customer VSAT Terminal Service in Gunma, Japan. The primary responsibilities will include managing the Japan NOC Operations and providing the primary conduit for Customer assurance. Will act as a liaison between Intelsat, our customer, and the vendors supporting Intelsat. The VSAT Terminal Service consists of supporting a network of 4000 VSAT terminals in Japan. Service to this network is supplied by two satellites operated from three ground stations utilizing the Gilat hub technology.
- Must be able to read/write/speak English and Japanese fluently.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with at least five years of relevant experience in a Network Operations Center (NOC) environment delivering VSAT network telecommunication services or equivalent services.
- Must have excellent management and leadership skills, including prior people management experience in a operational environment.
- Must have experience with the use of trouble reporting and logging systems.
- Must have good communication and presentation skills, including prior experience in presenting technical data and metrics to non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting and analyzing IP networking, video/data communications and RF systems operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of satellite mobile networks highly desirable, particularly the Gilat platform.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- This position will be responsible for leading the establishment of the new NOC in Gunma, Japan, executing hiring/contracting, onboarding, training, and transitioning the NOC into operations. In the first year of operations, this position, in conjuction with Intelsat Network Engineering, will manage the terminal repointing project to transition the 4000 terminals into the Network.
- Manage the operations of the Japan NOC to meet and exceed service level agreements and operating level agreements of the service contract (i.e. availability, reliability, and service uptime, customer response time).
- Manage and develop operational processes to document customer issues and develop trends and impact analyses.
- Ensure the Japan NOC is contracted/staffed appropriately to execute 24x7 support;
- Leadership/management responsibilities to include - managing staff, creating/defining goals, roles and responsibilities; establishing clear and consistent performance standards; coaching and mentoring; maintaining accountability for actions and results
- Responsible for coordination of failure reviews and non routine operation activities with satellite manufacturer and 3rd party customers (if applicable)
- Develop and execute an onboarding and training plan to develop technician proficiency.
- Drive continuous customer experience improvement through process review and development
- Report operational status to Intelsat operations management. Help ensure escalation routes are clear and streamlined
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with customer and service stakeholders to ensure that service performance is effectively managed and monitored. Ensure that operational issues or problems escalated by the customer or Intelsat are resolved efficiently and effectively
- Establish frequent communication with customer (e.g., weekly meetings, follow-up, check-ins) so they understand that Intelsat is placing a priority on their quality of service. Communicate routinely with customer contacts to understand and anticipate their issues throughout service life-cycle. Act as a the Intelsat point of escalation for issues.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.