Command Center (Police Officer)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The following selection process will be used to further assess candidates who have met the initial eligibility factors. Candidates must qualify under Phase I and Phase II to be considered in subsequent phases.
Phase I: Initial Qualification - The Office of Human Resources (OHR) will conduct an eligibility factor review as outlined in this vacancy. In consultation with OHR, a review of all candidates' personnel jackets will be conducted by an appointed assessment panel.
Phase II: Self-Assessment - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) will be evaluated by an appointed assessment panel.
Application of the laws, regulations, practices and procedures of law enforcement and police work.
Ability to facilitate cooperation and motivate team members to accomplish group goals.
Ability to adapt approach, goals and methods to achieve successful solutions and results in dynamic situations.
Ability to complete standardized written documentation concisely and compose effective narratives.
Phase III: Structured Interview - Candidates eligible for Phase III will be scheduled for an oral interview.
Results of this selection process will be used to recommend candidates to the hiring manager who is the final selecting official. The OHR will conduct a disciplinary action review. The hiring manager, at his/her discretion may elect not to select a recommended candidate for reasons such as: substandard performance; serious sustained misconduct; and/or pending investigations internally or externally.
1. Must be a USCP Officer below the rank of Sergeant and have successfully the probationary period by the closing of this announcement.
2. Must not be in restricted leave status as of the closing date of this announcement.
3. Must be in full and unrestricted duty status as of the closing date of this announcement.
4. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
5. Must be able to work at off-site locations.
6. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
Applications and supporting documentation must be received by the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
This position is non-exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act overtime provisions.
This position is not included in a collective bargaining unit.
Note: Many vacancies exist. The number of Command Center Officer positions will be determined by the needs of the Department. The selection list will be active for a period of one (1) year from the date of approval of the selection memorandum. An applicant may request to be removed from consideration by sending a written request to the Office of Human Resources (OHR).
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
1. Satisfactorily complete all job-related training.
2. Maintain all required job-related certifications.
3. After security clearance is obtained may be required to work at off-site locations.
4. Must complete a one-year probationary period upon completion of the Command Center Field Training Officer (FTO) program.
Failure to successfully complete any of the above retention factors will result in removal from the Command Center and reassignment to a different position.