Data Analytics Manager
The purpose of this position is to lead the design, development, and deployment of ASHA’s data strategy. This includes ensuring ASHA’s data analytics program supports the Strategic Pathway and other key initiatives; managing business intelligence systems; ensuring data security, quality, and availability; and leading data management efforts.
- Designs and manages execution of ASHA’s data strategy.
- Coaches and provides leadership to members of the Decision Support Services Team and ensures successful completion of team goals.
- Manages process of working with staff to understand business processes and business questions to define and visualize metrics using data visualizations, dashboards, and advanced statistical modeling.
- Leads the association’s data management program in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Ensures that the association data are secure from unauthorized/unintended access by implementing and maintaining database security, configuration and change management tools and procedures.
- Evaluates, recommends, and participates in selection of data analytics tools and data warehouse components, including hardware, database management systems, ETL software, data mining tools, and meta data management tools.
- Provides technical recommendations and oversight to ensure consistent, secure access to data.
- Develops, manages and promotes processes for identification, reporting and resolution of data quality issues, and works to ensure ongoing data consistency and integrity.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Bachelor's degree
- Five to seven years of experience in data analytics
- Two to four years of supervisory experience
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Association or nonprofit experience preferred
- Experience with descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Experience with the design, development, support, and maintenance of data warehouse, data marts, and data analytics tools.
- Knowledge of and experience with the following tools/concepts essential:
- Microsoft Power BI or comparable data visualization tool
- Microsoft SQL Server development
- Using large, complex datasets
- Knowledge of and experience with the following tools/concepts preferred:
- SSMS, SSIS, SSAS
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- SPSS, SAS, R, STATA, SSRS, or other data mining tools
- BIML/Varigence Mist used to generate SSIS packages and SSAS cubes
- Source control (e.g. Experience in using TFS, Visual SourceSafe)
- Big data, data lakes, and languages such as Hadoop, Python, etc.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong managerial and teamwork skills
- Experience with resource management and managing a team completing multiple, concurrent analytics projects
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Experience leading the development of data analytics strategy and policies in collaboration with stakeholders
- Superb customer service skills with experience consulting for clients or internal customers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals