The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a big mission: we’re working to ensure the federal government is dynamic, innovative and that it effectively serves the American people. We’ve got a great team that helps make it happen.
Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits. We are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive.
Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values:
- Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government
- People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect
- Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results
- Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible
We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process. Are you ready to join our team?
As a Manager you will work with federal agency and cross-sector leaders to develop strategies that improve government-wide challenges such as recruiting and hiring talent, strengthening management systems, developing leaders and improving other mission support functions and processes. To accomplish your work, you’ll have a range of responsibilities including designing and implementing programs, facilitating meetings and events with diverse stakeholders, and helping to write proposals for corporate, foundation and fee-for-service programs.
This position is ideal for someone with a strong program management background; excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; experience designing and launching new programs as well as working with funders; knowledge and understanding of federal government functions; and demonstrated experience in relationship management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop content and design programs focused on hiring talent, leadership, and/or management efforts to improve the effectiveness of federal government agencies and employees
- Facilitate events and meetings with diverse stakeholders including federal employees and corporate partners
- Assist with writing program proposals for foundations, corporate sponsors, and/or fee-for-service programs including developing the content, program design and budget
- Build and manage relationships with federal executives, subject matter experts, corporate sponsors and federal employees
- Represent the Partnership in public and private forums as a speaker and ambassador
- Plan and manage events in a collaborative environment
- Manage people to ensure effective implementation of programs and initiatives.
- Perform program management duties including tracking tasks and budget, scheduling assignments and reporting on task completion
- Ensure programs achieve intended impacts and meet quality and revenue targets
- Project and people management
- Business acumen
- Partnering and collaboration
- Customer service-oriented
- Interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills
- Initiative and innovation
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Five to seven years of demonstrated success leading programs to drive change; prior work in the public sector and/or human capital strongly preferred
- Prior supervisory responsibilities highly desired
- Knowledge of or experience with the federal workforce/human capital preferred
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position will report to a senior manager or director. The manager will directly or indirectly supervise associates and/or associate managers.
This job operates in a professional office environment in Washington, DC and at external venues, both local and out-of-state. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer and scanner.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time exempt position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 am to 6 pm. Additional work hours and evening or weekend activities may be required.
Local travel to various federal agencies will be required. Some out-of-state and/or overnight travel may be required.
The Partnership is an inclusive organization that fosters learning, collaboration and respect. We actively recruit for diversity in our workplace, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives and experiences contributes to our mission of revitalizing government. The Partnership for Public Service is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any application for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability; or on any other basis prohibited by law.