The Sales Rep generates revenue with a consultative selling approach explaining how Bates Trucking is able to solve their waste and recycling needs. The qualified applicant will be able to meet and exceed all budgeted sales goals, work well with team members, operations, support staff and management. This person will develop industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations that will provide environmental solutions for our potential and current customers.
- Aggressively solicit orders from current and prospective customers to maintain and increase customer base.
- Maintain good customer relations by traveling throughout assigned territory to meet with existing and prospective customers to assess and manage customer needs.
- Compile and manage lists of prospective customers in sales database for use in sales leads through cold-calling and other techniques.
- Penetrate new and existing market areas to maintain and increase sales and market share for assigned territories.
- Develop working knowledge of branch/regional profit and loss components and dynamics including pricing service, calculating desired margins and cost of service.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of solid waste product and equipment pricing, costs and application to include roll-off presentation, commercial placement, front-end upgrade and full-line applications.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College/University preferred
- Two (2) to three (3) years sales experience.
- Possess valid driver’s license and your own dependable transportation.
- Successfully convert customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels and the ability to successfully negotiate complex service agreements resulting in signed customer contracts.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays