Configuration Management Specialist
Eastern Research Group, Inc. (www.erg.com), a well-respected consulting firm providing support to a wide range of federal, state, and commercial clients, is seeking a full-time experienced engineer, or similar technical staff, to oversee configuration management efforts at a federal agency client site in the Washington DC area. ERG offers a flexible, casual work place environment and the chance to be part of a dynamic and collaborative atmosphere. The qualified individual must be motivated with the skills to prioritize, perform, and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment. Configuration management experience is required, for manufactured products or components, engineering design drawings, and/or software systems. Experience using related software (e.g., Configuration Management Professional (CMPRO) or equivalent) is also required. Must currently hold or be able to obtain a secret-level security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Develop and maintain documentation (e.g., standard operating procedures) of existing configuration management processes (e.g., processes used to review, approve, document, and catalog changes).
- Assist with day-to-day execution of configuration management processes.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tools to monitor configuration management processes and report trends and issues.
- Propose corrective actions required to improve processes.
- Provide training to internal and/or external stakeholders, as needed, to improve awareness of, and compliance with, configuration management procedures.
- Collaborate/communicate effectively with various stakeholders, including engineering and manufacturing departments.
Ideal candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field.
- At least 5 years of relevant technical experience.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Knowledge of configuration management principles.
- Preference if held previous roles as a configuration management specialist and/or configuration manager within the engineering industry.
ERG offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, FSAs, a generous 401k plan, profit sharing, an EAP, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more. For more information about ERG, please visit www.erg.com. An EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.
Job ID: NRVWL1211172B11