Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Tier 3 security investigation or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position requires the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing.
- This position requires regular contact with children under the age 18 and a favorable determination of suitability to do so.
- This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health & ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- The duties of this position meet the criteria for compliance with Federal and Department of Defense Drug Free Workplace Programs. Detection of the presence of drugs is warranted. This position is subject to a pre-employment screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- This position requires the incumbent to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position has been designated "Mission Essential". In the event of severe weather conditions or other such emergency type situations (natural or man-made disaster) the incumbent is required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled to support mission operations.
- This position requires that you obtain and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Basic Requirement for Nurse Anesthetist:
Education: A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor's degree, associate degree or diploma from an accrediting from a professional nursing educational program. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (external link), Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. (You must submit a copy of your transcripts in your application package.) or official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (You must submit a copy of your certification at the time of application.)
Licensure: Applicants must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination. In addition, you must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. (NOTE: You must attach a copy of your registration in order to be considered for this position.)
Advanced Practice Nurse Positions: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Anesthetist who complete their respective specialty programs after 31 December 2001 must be graduates of an accredited master's level or doctoral program acceptable to the Department of Defense that prepares Registered Nurse with additional knowledge and skills to practice in their clinical specialty as Nurse Anesthetist. (NOTE: You must submit a copy of your transcripts with your application package if your specialty program was completed after 31 December 2011).
Additional License Requirement for Advanced Practice Nurse Positions: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse positions must be licensed or registered by a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States in the clinical specialty of Nurse Anesthetist required. (NOTE: You must submit a current copy of your certification.)
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: collecting patient data through interviews, observation, physical examination, and review of medical records, prior to scheduled surgery; conducting OB patient assessments to formulate anesthesia plan of care; administering anesthetic to OB patients via inhalation, endotracheal intubation, regional, general, intravenous or topical; setting up equipment used in performance of anesthetic work while maintaining responsibility for the care, sanitation, inspection, and proper functioning; and providing patient and staff education; research, consultation and referral, with physician and therapeutic interventions. This definition of experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level or equivalent position in the federal service (GS-12).
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Incentives may be authorized.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. . Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.