Internal Audit Associate
7 days left
- Full Time
Internal Audit Associate
The Internal Audit Associate plans and executes audits to evaluate operational, compliance, financial, and strategic risks and related internal controls. S/he works with the Senior Chief Audit Executive (CAE), and the University's co-sourced internal audit services firm to ensure successful completion of the audit plan and other internal audit activities. The Internal Audit Associate provides exposure to a variety of areas in a University setting, including administration, research, academics, operations and information technology. Reporting to the[;l, yugenior Internal Auditor, this role has additional responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Identifies and assesses financial, operational, compliance, and strategic risks, and their components.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of policies, procedures, systems, and internal controls to mitigate these risks.
- Understands current manual and automated operating processes and related internal controls operating centrally and at the unit level through research, interviews, observation, and testing.
- Tests transactions (utilizing automated and/or traditional auditing methods) and analyzes results to identify the themes and underlying root causes.
- Develops practical and effective solutions to improve processes, systems, and the control environment.
- Prepares formal written reports that provide proper perspective and summarizes observations that effectively communicate issues, control deficiencies, and additional opportunities to improve and mature processes and controls.
- Performs activities that include interviews, inspection, and testing to determine the implementation status of agreed-upon action items.
- Monitors project status and issues on a timely basis and reports progress and issues to project lead or Chief Audit Executive timely and regularly.
- Works in a team and independently, and interacts appropriately with all levels of personnel, building working relationships, and establishing a network of internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the Higher Education industry and proactively monitors and communicates industry trends and risks.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with the accepted professional standards requiring independence and objectivity.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
- One to five years of External or Internal Audit experience
- Track record of risk assessment, problem identification, analytical problem solving, and issue resolution
- Knowledge of accounting principles and standards, proper financial and administrative control procedures and good business practices
- Experience with Microsoft Office and audit tools (for example, ACL)
- The ability to learn quickly with strong foundation in understanding and assessing processes and controls
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with the ability to regularly present to groups
- Availability and willingness to work as needed outside of usual business hours of Georgetown University and to travel between Georgetown campuses
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred
- Public accounting, Not-for-profit, Higher Education and/or Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of higher education systems, applications, and software including Banner, WorkDay, and GMS desired
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.