Information Technology Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Senior Computer Systems Engineer
George Mason University Enterprise Servers and Messaging--within Information Technology Services-located on the Fairfax, Va., campus--is seeking a Senior Computer Systems Engineer to work in a dynamic university environment. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: This position offers the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art computer systems in a small team environment. Technical duties include UNIX system administration, systems engineering, VMware administration, Compellent SAN administration, troubleshooting, networking, system security, system integration, and research and analysis.
- B.S. degree in computer science, information systems, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience with all aspects of managing enterprise computer systems;
- Significant experience managing Unix/Linux-based computer systems;
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills managing computer systems;
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux operating systems;
- Experience managing VMware;
- Experience managing storage systems / SANs; and
- Ability to use scripting languages in the Unix/Linux environment.
- Understanding of web servers (Apache/Tomcat) and the web application environment;
- Proficiency with Java and/or J2EE;
- Knowledge of authentication systems (Kerberos, CAS, Shibboleth); and
- Proficiency with a configuration management system.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. Mason offers tuition waivers; telecommuting and flextime schedules; facilities that will meet physical fitness needs; and the campus environment is dynamic, and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 01832z at http://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-02-23