Jr. Cyber Security Analyst - 1416
The MIL Corporation seeks Junior Cyber Security Engineers/Analysts to support a Federal Government client at our Southern Maryland location. MIL Cyber is seeking innovative engineers and analysts with a passion for solving challenging problems in the areas of offensive and defensive cybersecurity. MIL is approaching problems in cybersecurity that present unique opportunities to support the defense of our nation's critical infrastructure, support our nation's forces and emergency responders, and advance capabilities of our government, military and private sector clients.
• Analyze client systems to identify vulnerabilities on weapon and control systems
• Provide prioritized recommendations to mitigate issues detected, helping to harden and defend the client's systems
• Aid the client in documenting and implementing countermeasures
• Aid the client in conducting the Risk Management Framework (RMF) on client systems
• BA/BS in the field of Computer Science, Information Management or related field and -OR- Associate's degree and 2 years -OR- HS/GED and 4 years of practical computer security experience in secure networks and systems design, analysis, procedure/test generation, test execution, and implementation of computer/network security mechanisms
• Basic understanding of operating systems, networks, embedded systems, penetration testing, Cyber Exploitation, Cyber Attack, Cyber Defense, software security, malware analysis, digital forensics, cyber system engineering, reverse engineering, cyber test & evaluation, and/or encryption algorithms and technologies
• Certifications which qualify the candidate for IAT I (CCNA Security, A+ ce, Network+ ce, and SSCP) or IAM I (Security +ce, CAP, and GSLC) according to DoD Directive 8140.01 which provides the basis for an enterprise-wide solution to train, certify, and manage the DoD Cybersecurity Workforce
• Certification in one of the following: Security+, ISSEP, CEH, OSCP, CISA, CISM, GCIA, GCIH, CSIH, GCFA, GSNA, and other SANS GIAC Cyber Security certifications
• 2 to 5 years related experience in network and data security administration
• Broad understanding of operating systems, networks, embedded systems, penetration testing, Cyber Exploitation, Cyber Attack, Cyber Defense, software security, malware analysis, digital forensics, cyber system engineering, reverse engineering, cyber test & evaluation, and/or encryption algorithms and technologies
• Certification in two of the following: Security+, ISSEP, CEH, OSCP, CISA, CISM, GCIA, GCIH, CSIH, GCFA, GSNA, and other SANS GIAC Cyber Security certifications
• Active Secret clearance
All applicants for this position must be able to pass a Security Background Investigation and be granted access to classified information; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CJP