Support Specialist Trainee
SUPPORT SPECIALIST TRAINEE
Treatment Process Division
(Internal ID: 5351)
$31,842.53 - $53,117.07
Open: January 19, 2018 ▪ Close: Open Until Filled
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Upper Occoquan Service Authority (UOSA) is a regional water reclamation plant serving four jurisdictions (Fairfax County, Prince William County, City of Manassas and City of Manassas Park).
Performing a wide variety of skilled tasks in operating, maintaining and repairing special purpose equipment. Work requires the operation of machinery in addition to servicing, repairing and maintaining equipment. Employees gain knowledge of the treatment plant and become able to perform or assist with work associated with plant operations. Assignments are received in the form of oral and written instruction which may be accompanied by blueprints, sketches, and simple diagrams. Works under the immediate guidance of Operations Support Lead Technicians and reports to Operations Support Manager and Assistant Manager.
Demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skills as part of a small team. Works cooperatively and minimizes conflicts. Takes pride in the success of the team and holds self and other team members responsible for fulfilling team responsibilities. Demonstrates the ability to work long periods outdoors in hot and cold environments with heavy exertion. Recognizes the dangers associated with heavy equipment and industrial environments and maintains a safety-first attitude. Has aptitude for mechanical services and performance, plumbing, and pump set up and systems. Uses hand tools effectively. Has interest and aptitude for operating heavy equipment, such as backhoes, dozers, and rubber-tire loaders. Identifies necessary work and performs it without needing to be asked, then communicates results to team members and supervisors. Seeks opportunities to learn and develop as an employee.
- Completion of high school or a GED program is required or any combination of education, experience, and training coupled with a high school education or completion of a GED program that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is acceptable.
- Experience or aptitude in mobile, vehicular, and industrial mechanical equipment operation and maintenance is required.
- Possession of a vehicle operator’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Commercial Operator’s Driver’s License.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of position to include extensive walking, bending, stooping, climbing of stairs and ladders, lifting and/or carrying up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet the needs of the plant. Will be required to respond to adverse weather and other plant-related emergencies and/or situations requiring on-call duty and may be required to work overtime.
All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, physical exam, and background check paid for by UOSA.
In order to be fully considered for the position, all applicants must submit a complete online application along with an updated resume via the UOSA website: www.uosa.org > Careers > Employment Opportunities > Candidate Profile