The Graphic Designer will help conceive and implement designs for an array of print and digital projects.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
This position requires someone with a sophisticated aesthetic; experience with infographics, data visualization and vector illustration; an excellent understanding of typography; and an ability to scout, source and appropriately use high-quality imagery. Must be able to follow brand guidelines but also be able to extend the brand to its fullest possible expression. We are looking for someone who can generate ideas, think editorially and narratively, use design to transform sometimes long, often complicated ideas into high-impact, visually driven and brand-appropriate materials.
- BA/BS in design, fine arts or similar field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Thorough knowledge of digital and print design ideally with 2-3 years of work or internship experience in a professional setting.
- Exceptional typographic and layout skills.
- Familiarity with effective responsive design strategies for website, social media platforms, and digital marketing.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple projects, work efficiently, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to function collaboratively in a team environment.
- Very strong eye for detail; concern for quality throughout design and production process.
- Strong commitment to APA’s mission.
The Graphic Designer will help conceive and implement designs for an array of print and digital projects including publications, brochures, campaign graphics, advertisements, data visualizations and infographics, event materials, and presentations. This person will also design and select imagery for the APA’s websites, and will contribute to user experience and visual updates to the sites. Other digital projects include creating compelling designs for APA’s email marketing and social media campaigns.
This person will report to the Creative Director and will work as part of an interdisciplinary team of creative, editorial, user experience, and web development staff, and as a result should be able to contribute ideas, participate in meetings, and collaborate with others. This person will also work closely with other APA staff, stakeholders, and outside vendors and must be able to manage relationships and assigned projects from start to finish.
Other duties as assigned.
- In-depth understanding of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; Powerpoint and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with atomic and modular design principles for CMS environments.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and video editing is a plus.
NOTE: PLEASE ATTACH A PORTFOLIO (PDF), OR PROVIDE A PORTFOLIO LINK FOR JOB CONSIDERATION.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system [bit.ly] and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary expectations. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
The American Psychological Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected categories covered under local law.