Staff VP, Finance & Administration
4 days left
- Full Time
The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE), a non-profit membership association of over 200,000 current and retired federal employees, is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the earned pay, retirement and health care benefits of federal employees, retirees and their survivors and providing the information and guidance needed to understand and maximize complex federal benefits. NARFE is the go-to resource for the federal community, policy makers, the media and the press on issues related to legislation and federal benefits.
We are currently seeking a Staff Vice President, Finance & Administration to be a change agent in realigning NARFE’s support functions with the organization’s updated business model. Specifically, this role will:
- Develop tools and systems based on best practice to provide critical financial and operational information to the Executive Director and the board.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and expense management in alignment with the strategic plan.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Establish NARFE’s technology strategy and lead all aspects of technology development.
- Oversee management of NARFE’s headquarters facility.
- Oversee customer service needs for members and the administration of the association management software.
Our ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years of experience in individual membership associations with about five (5) years of supervisory experience. CAE and/or CPA certifications are preferred. You should also have:
- Knowledge of organizational fiduciary, budgetary and financial methods and practices, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to make operational and management decisions in response to changing conditions and in emergencies.
- Ability to schedule, direct, counsel and evaluate employee work and performance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees and members.
- Ability to present financial/budgetary information to numerous audiences, including board members and staff.
- Working knowledge of multiple financial and association management systems.
- Knowledge of customer service philosophies and practices
Our office is conveniently located near Braddock Road metro station in Old Town, Alexandria. We provide our employees with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, 401(k), transit/parking, flexible spending accounts, 10 paid holidays, 15 days of vacation and 10 days of sick leave.
Come join NARFE and help us protect the earned rights and benefits of our federal employees. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. NARFE is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.