Foreign Language Teacher Spanish
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- For Non-US Citizen, must provide proof of work authorization.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 32 position.
POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED AT ONE RANK:
Assistant Professor (indicated as level 04)
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR : Doctoral degree; OR
Master's degree with a major or minor in Foreign Language Education, Teaching English As a Second/Foreign Language (TESOL/TEFL), Linguistics, Language (English included), Literature, Education, Educational Psychology, Educational Technology, Translation & Interpretation, Cross-Cultural Studies, or Educational Administration; OR
Master's degree other than above and one year of directly related work; OR
Bachelor's degree and two years of directly related work.
DIRECTLY RELATED WORK :
Formal classroom instruction of a language foreign to the students at high school level or above. Formal classroom instruction normally includes such activities as class preparation, course preparation/modification, testing, tutoring, and counseling in a structured, education environment. If selected, applicant must pass a language proficiency test (OPI).
LANGUAGE EVALUATION: The minimum English proficiency is a Level 2 in speaking. The minimum proficiency for the language to be taught is a Level 3 in speaking. If a dialect is required, the minimum proficiency is also Level 3. The proficiency levels are defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) level descriptions and can be viewed at http://www.govtilr.org . Failure of any portion of the language tests will disqualify applicants for a period of 6 months. Applicants may re-apply after 6 months. Upon subsequent selection, retesting is allowed only once.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify.
For these positions, education may be substituted in lieu of specialized experience as stated above.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Curriculum Development
- Educational and Training Technology
- Oral Communication
- Test Development
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Permanent Change of Station (PSC) is not authorized.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.