Director, Product Development, Media
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Responsible for managing the ideation, business case, product definition and development of Intelsat's media managed solutions and services. Provide leadership to the team; establish KPIs; define market segments / size opportunities; define service offerings /competition/ positioning; define service delivery; develop business models and associated investment business cases and develop relationships with key vendors and customers.
- Leadership: Provide a positive leadership style that embeds a spirit of competitiveness and winning across the market vertical team: Work through others as an Enterprise Leader: Identify and build cross-functional relationships to drive strategic initiatives; Make decisions: Move forward despite uncertainty and an enormous amount of potentially relevant information; Create a team culture of forward movement and accountability. Be a change agent: Set clear goals and objectives. Drive resolution to issues as they arise. Analyze successes /failures to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Financial Planning: Create and implement capex and opex plans for new and existing services with product managers for the Intelsat services to be delivered; Provide input into Intelsat fleet deployment planning to optimize capex spending.
- Define and Deliver Service Offerings: Direct product, marketing and sales teams through the definition of B2B customer use cases to drive service and feature-set development; Prioritize service requirements for support Organizations: Innovation, Product Development, Business Development, Market Development, Network Engineering and Operations; Ensure development of coherent service strategy for end-to-end service offerings.
- Build and Manage the Product Management team: Build a world class team by emphasizing the correct hiring, development and management of personnel: Identify and hire the right product management skills/talent; Provide or recommend corrective plans where course correction is required. Utilize coaching as a key methodology to shape individual and team behavior
- Develop and manage the lifecycle development of a portfolio of services to grow revenue and share in key Media segments.
- Provide tools for Product Management, Product Marketing and Sales to execute on Plan (Use Case / SLA / Product Strategy/Product Overviews).
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree
- At least 10 years of experience with full life-cycle product management including ideation, conception, business plan, requirements definition, product design, development oversight, proof of concept trials, beta launches and product launch for existing and developing video distribution/contribution services including, but not limited to, traditional satellite services, IP based content distribution and cloud based distribution
- Experience with Product Management of hardware and software based products and services
- Experience deploying products, interfacing with the operations team, and a thorough understanding of the businesses of Media customers across key verticals: Distribution (broadcasting, cable MSOs, DTT/DTH operators) and/or video contribution (broadcasting, news and sports)
- Experience working with a broadcaster, MSO, DTT/DTH operator, CDN, equipment provider, or other related company providing services to the Media industry
- Business and technical knowledge of relevant video and communications eco-system components
- International and international management experience preferred
- Prior leadership experience in a product development or product management capacity managing a team
- Experience working in matrix managed organization preferred
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.