Senior Production Manager
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Senior Production Manager to manage and oversee production team and all production-related Tax & Accounting activities in order to maintain quality standards and timely release of data/content on all platforms. Lead efforts to improve productivity, including workflow and processes to optimize allocation of resources.
- Lead production team, and collaborate with the editorial team to ensure the timely production of Tax & Accounting publications and content (e.g., Portfolios, Navigators, Advisers, Evaluators, Books, Journals, Special Reports, and primary source material).
- Maintain quality standards while overseeing content/data preparation for Tax & Accounting publications and content.
- Ensure the timely release of print and electronic versions of all Tax & Accounting publications and content.
- Set appropriate deadlines and create production schedules.
- Monitor and report on the status of production activities, including measurement of staff productivity, as well as quantity and quality of receivables and deliverables.
- Coordinate workflow (including content transmissions) among Tax & Accounting staff, outside authors, and vendors.
- Troubleshoot problems related to creation, functionality, display and layout in all media.
- Continually evaluate and improve production and content-related workflows, systems, procedures, and processes, including unit’s quality control.
- Keep abreast of systems and support issues and monitor and discuss process improvements with BBNA Publishing group.
- Effectively communicate changes to Tax & Accounting editorial and production personnel.
- Collaborate with supporting departments to maximize the effectiveness of training and support for Tax & Accounting.
- Maintain and enforce the style guide, while adhering to BBNA standards and best practices; escalate issues, as appropriate, to senior management.
- Communicate best practices and updates to staff.
- Coordinate updates to the style guide.
- Act as a main point of contact to address staff questions and issues.
- Train and orient staff on guidelines.
- Work with third party content vendors, authors, and Tax & Accounting staff to address inquiries and resolve issues.
- Monitor expenditures to keep within budget parameters.
- Lead a focused and engaged team with established goals and key performance objectives.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
5+ years’ experience in print and electronic production of a variety of publication types at BBNA or a similar information provider preferred; management experience required; proven ability to manage and coach a team; excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize assignments, multi-task, and meet established deadlines; extensive experience working with digital information products; demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to use, a variety of software and publishing systems, including the ability to use new applications effectively; ability to analyze procedures, systems, and/or methods and identify problem areas; excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work independently; excellent verbal and written communications skills, including ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels; experience with Contenta, Arbortext, Anthology, JIRA, and/or Exceed preferred. Bachelor’s degree with coursework in English, computer science, and/or related subjects or equivalent experience. Juris Doctor/graduate study in related subject or Paralegal experience area desirable.