The Center for the Study of Services (CSS), a nonprofit research organization, is seeking a Research Analyst or Research Associate for our Healthcare Research Group, which specializes in the fielding of healthcare surveys. We are looking for individuals with strong analytical and organizational skills who can make a solid contribution to our work.
All research staff participate in a range of project management and analytical work:
- Write programs, macros, and queries to process or analyze large data files (100,000+ records)
- Design print, web, and telephone surveys
- Plan survey timelines, fielding methodologies, and project budgets
- Coordinate survey administration with clients, subcontractors and internal healthcare research staff
- Calculate descriptive statistics from survey results.
- Generate client reports and scores for public reporting.
- Develop online health provider directories and insurance comparison tools for consumers
- Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Research Analyst: A bachelor’s degree and experience or coursework that demonstrates analytical and organizational ability; some post-graduate work experience preferred
- Research Associate: Either a bachelor’s degree plus two years of applicable experience, or a master’s degree
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
- Understanding of general statistics, Boolean algebraic logic, and data interpretation
- Fundamental technical skills using spreadsheets and databases. Experience with statistical software such as SPSS, STATA, SAS, R, or similar statistical packages.
- Ability to become proficient writing SQL queries and programs to automate the processing of large data sets (previous programming coursework, database experience, or SQL experience a plus)
- Ability to accomplish tasks proactively and independently
- Aptitude for attention to detail and working in a team environment
Given the breadth of analytical and management activities, we do not expect applicants to have prior experience in all of these areas; however, applicants must demonstrate the motivation and ability to learn on the job.
We offer competitive salaries based on experience. CSS offers excellent benefits that include annual leave, comprehensive health insurance, employer retirement contributions, flexible spending accounts, and disability insurance. CSS is conveniently located near the Farragut North and Farragut West Metro stations in downtown DC.
CSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSS also proudly supports and encourages U.S. Veterans to apply for our job opportunities.
Send resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.