Supported Employment Specialists
PRS, Inc. for the seventh consecutive year has been named one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to Work For in the US. We are constantly striving to create a culture where employees enjoy coming to work, are accountable and can excel in the services they provide.
We are a community-based nonprofit organization in the Northern Virginia and DC areas that helps adults and youth living with mental illness, substance use disorders, mild intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and people in crisis achieve personal Wellness, Recovery, Community Integration and Safety.
We have some exciting opportunities for experienced Supported Employment Specialists to assist our clients in finding and maintaining employment. What the job entails:
• Job Placement – Identify employment opportunities with clients based on assessment information gathered on client's vocational interests, skills and abilities.
• Job Development – Within the community obtain relevant employment opportunities for your clients
• Job Coaching – Provide support on- and off-site to employed clients.
• Work Readiness - Conduct psycho-educational courses to train clients on what it takes to be employed.
Profile of Successful Candidate:
• Bachelor’s Degree, Masters preferred, in rehabilitation counseling, social work or related human services field with at least one year of work, internship or volunteer-related experience.
• Strong clinical writing, ability to work independently and prioritize work, high emotional intelligence, able to quickly establish rapport with clients, employers and providers;
• Experience with adults or youth with mental illness, substance use disorder, autism spectrum disorder or mild intellectual disorders; and
• Reliable transportation with a clean driving record.
PRS, Inc. is dedicated to equal opportunity in employment and considers applicants for all positions based on their qualifications and without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sex, national origin, age, marital status, religion, spiritual beliefs, socioeconomic status, political affiliation, genetic information, veteran's status, disability, sensory conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. Reasonable accommodation will be made as appropriate to enable any employee or applicant for employment to safely and properly perform the job applied for as requested and as appropriate.
Thank you for your interest in working with us!
Please apply online following the link: https://prsinc.applicantpro.com.