Staff Accountant/Accounts Receivable
Position: Staff Accountant- Accounts Receivable
Reports to: Director of Finance
Handles billings, collections and accounts receivable, is the primary Finance contact to the Admissions Office and the point of contact for families with questions regarding tuition charges and balances.
- Sets up tuition billing and changes for new and existing families
- Bills parents quarterly for enrichment programs
- Monitors rates, tuition and registration fees
- Responds to parent questions
- Reviews and corrects student accounts
- Maintains tuition receivables in Excel and QuickBooks
- Tracks financial aid by funding source
- Establishes FACTS tuition payment plans
- Downloads FACTS receipts into accounting system and verifies accuracy
- Sends follow-up communications for delinquent accounts
- Reviews overdue accounts with Finance Director
- Processes refund checks for payment
- Maintains Athletic Booster accounting records
- Reconciles AR detail to accounting records
- Performs other reconciliations as assigned
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- An understanding of and commitment to Bishop Ireton’s mission
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- High-level organizational skills and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Customer service orientation and positive attitude
Education and Experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience, preferably in an educational setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Prior experience with QuickBooks and Blackbaud desired
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, FLSA non-exempt position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Start Date: On or about May 28, 2018
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Contact: We invite qualified candidates to consider becoming part of our community by submitting a cover letter, including current salary, a resume, and references by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.