PenFed is hiring a Senior Manager, Delinquency Control Center in Alexandria, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to be responsible for the operations of PenFed’s Delinquency Control Center, implementing work methods and programs to ensure that work is completed within established time frames and in accordance with policies and procedures, federal and state regulations and requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
* Provide leadership and management in developing and implementing programs, policies and procedures to ensure that the mission and core values of the company are put into practice in all areas of responsibility. Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the areas of responsibility.
* Assist with personnel related matters including recruiting, staffing, performance appraisals, training, and counseling, continuing professional development of DCC staff, leave requests and termination.
* Recommend & monitor workout strategies; including but not limited to repayment plans, modifications, foreclosure actions, short sales offers and impairment.
* Act as liaison with attorneys representing PenFed in debt related matters, preparing for and representing the credit union at court hearings.
* Must stay informed of new ideas and developments through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other financial institutions.
* Implements sufficient training and automation to ensure continuity of operations.
* Oversee the investor reporting function to ensure compliance with any applicable servicing agreements specifically related to delinquent loans.
* Responsible for staff training and development for resolving complex default situations for loans secured by titled vehicles and real estate acquired directly or indirectly.
* Collect all PenFed credit products, recovery of collateral, bankruptcy identification and other losses, including real estate collections.
* Assist with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
* Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
* Minimum of five (5) years’ of experience in progressively responsible collection experience; including credit cards, installment loans and real estate products is required.
* Minimum of five (5) years’ of supervisory experience is required.
* Maintain thorough knowledge of collections criteria and regulations on federal, state and local levels required.
* Strong communication and presentation skills required.
* Ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve goals is required.
This position will supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.