Financial Services Specialist I
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : $45,000 - $50,000 Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Budget & Finance Analyst
The George Mason University, Office of the Provost, seeks qualified candidates for a fullâ€time Budget & Finance Analyst. This position will prepare detailed annual operating budgets, track/reconcile accounts monthly, create & prepare reports utilized by Office of the Provost staff as well as university budget officials. They will also be responsible for tracking commitment details; work with complex university information systems; coordinate and perform budget and accounting adjustments; and ensure that financial activity is in compliance with University policies and procedures.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Budget and Finance Manager, the Budget & Finance Analyst will be responsible for:
- Performing or ensuring the reconciliation of multiple state and foundation accounts on a monthly basis;
- Ensuring that all documentation is kept in accordance with State/University rules and policies;
- Monitoring the various commitments made by the Office of the Provost and working with the Budget and Finance Admin to maintain appropriate documentation per our office procedures;
- Preparing the monthly budget and expense transfer list for review and executing transfers once approved;
- Assisting the Budget and Finance Manager with annual budget development and maintenance of current year actuals;
- Performing historical analysis as requested;
- Serving as an expert in the integration and utilization of processes and data from sources such as eVA, Sodexo, Travel, University Foundation and related sources;
- Creating mechanisms to communicate complex budget details to a wide variety of clients;
- Preparing, reviewing and tracking all forms that require the Budget and Finance manager and Associate Provost Academic Admin signature;
- Monitoring and approving all Office of the Provost purchases and payment requests in accordance with all Office/University/State rules and policies; and
- Preparing reports, spreadsheets or perform special assignments as assigned by the Budget and Finance Manager.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent education and experience;
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal);
- Strong organizational and financial skills, and be flexible and detailâ€oriented;
- Solid skills in office technology and procedures;
- Computer literate with intermediate skills using MS Excel, email, database and internet programs;
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into easily understood financial reports; and
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Prior professional experience;
- Advanced experience working with Excel and Access;
- Experience working with University systems such as eVa, Travel and Foundation;
- Experience working with Ellucian Banner System; and
- Experience utilizing Microstrategy reports.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, please complete the on-line application and attach a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references with contact information and provide answers to all the supplemental questions.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :