Administrative & Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Office of Human Resources and Payroll invites applications for a Benefits Assistant position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Benefits Assistant will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service to visitors, applicants, staff and faculty of George Mason University by providing information about university benefits. The incumbent will work to problem-solve issues that arise with benefits, guiding and advocating for employees and the university. Duties include:
- Answering questions from employees and/or vendors, and provide information on all benefits offered including group health, dental, life, disability and retirement (this includes walk-ins, e-mails and phone calls);
- Assisting in active member annual open enrollments for health and other benefits;
- Processing termination paperwork in Ellucian Banner, write adjustments as needed, and provide COBRA Continuation Coverage information to the Benefits Assistant who processes COBRA;
- Processing employment transactions that require benefit adjustments, and contact employees if necessary to discuss impact;
- Processing enrollment forms for all benefits as needed;
- Processing workersâ€™ compensation claims and work with state vendor on the claims;
- Serving as a backup to staff orientations; and
- Special projects as assigned.
- High school graduate or GED/equivalent;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- General office experience: knowledge and ability to navigate the Web and standard office computer systems;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily activities;
- Ability to work on a team;
- Ability to build collaborative and mutually beneficial working relationships with people of different backgrounds; and
- Ability to work with challenging people.
- Experience in human resources, specifically benefits; and
- Some college coursework, especially in human resources.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 00914z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :