Systems Administrator - 1410
The MIL Corporation seeks a Computer Specialist to support a Federal Government client at our Lexington Park, MD location. The Computer Specialist will develop Oracle database capabilities/functionalities/applications including the use of SQL.
• Create Oracle databases, configure Oracle databases (for a data warehousing application) using import utilities to install Oracle databases
• Install the applicable Oracle databases onto the appropriate computer operating systems
• Write code for update queries including SQL
• Update data dictionaries as new fields are added to the Oracle database and maintain a data correction log
• Expand and update the data dictionary for the Oracle database and any related applications
• Project long-range requirements for database administration
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Scientific or a Mathematics-intensive discipline; Associate's degree and 3 years of relevant experience or HS/GED and 4 years of relevant experience will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor's degree
• 5 years of experience architecting, designing, overseeing the development of, and/or administering Oracle computerized databases, e.g., installing the applicable databases onto the appropriate computer operating systems, creating databases, configuring databases (for a data warehousing application), using import utilities to install databases; writing code for update queries including the use of MySQL / SQL; updating data dictionaries as new fields are added to the database, and maintaining a data correction log; expanding and updating the data dictionary for the database and any related applications; projecting long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function
• DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification
• Advanced degrees
• DoD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance with SSBI; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CJP