Title: Training Manager
Department: National Coalition Institute – Training, Technical Assistance & Outreach
Reports to: Deputy Director of Training, Technical Assistance & Outreach
Employment Status: Full-time, exempt
Location: 625 Slaters Lane, Suite 300, Alexandria, VA 22314
The Training Manager (TM) will assist the division’s Deputy Director in his or her mission of facilitating intensive, comprehensive training and assistance to coalition leaders and coalition teams, with emphasis on reaching economically disadvantaged areas.
The Training Manager will be required, among other tasks, to:
- Identify training opportunities and work with the Deputy Director, Training, Technical Assistance & Outreach, to schedule and produce these events.
- Oversee contracted Training Consultants
- Be responsible for total quality projects’ management of the training delivery system in support of all on-site training requests workflow, from initial customer inquiry and training design, through consultant selection and contracting to delivery and post-delivery protocols.
- Supervise work, training and other initiatives conducted by Training Consultants for training activities (including the National Coalition Academy, National Leadership Forum, Mid-Year Training Institute, Training of Trainers (TOT’s), State-Level and Single-site training events).
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans; preparing contracts and completing action plans; managing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing approved changes.
- Assist in curriculum and training materials’ development on prevention and related issues.
- Interface with all Internal Departments of the NCI and of CADCA to ensure alignment and expectations
- Interface with Federal Partners to ensure alignment to goals and expectations
- Assist the fostering of relationships with special populations in support of Institute strategic aims
- Serve as lead staff onsite training events as required.
- Identify consultants that can serve as trainers of Institute/CADCA curricula.
- Provide technical assistance to coalitions/CADCA members as required.
- Conduct annual evaluation of training activities.
- Create training reports as required
The Training Manager must be an experienced substance abuse prevention professional who has demonstrated competencies in the above areas. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of theory, concepts, and practical application of effective substance abuse prevention strategies.
- Understanding of community development principles and their impact on community coalitions.
- Experience in managing a substance abuse prevention or related coalition.
- Knowledge of substance abuse prevention-treatment-aftercare continuum.
- Understanding of human development principles and techniques and their application in training and work with community groups.
- Superior presentation and analytical skills, plus demonstrated skills to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Superior writing and curriculum design experience.
- Proficient in the use of project management, excel, word, power point, and other required software.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignment.
- Developing Budgets and Contracts
- Project Management, Management Proficiency, and Process Improvement
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
Training and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred) in health related field.
- At least three years of substantive experience in the alcohol, tobacco, and other drug prevention field or health related field
Amount of travel: 20%-30% a month.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with TRAINING MANAGER in the subject line.