4 days left
- Full Time
HumRRO is seeking an experienced individual to plan and manage a program area devoted primarily to applied research and consulting in core areas of industrial-organizational psychology, such as job analysis/competency modeling and development and validation of a variety of assessment types.
Experience conducting job and/or ergonomic analyses for physically-demanding jobs, and developing/administering physical ability assessments and/or experience working with physicians to develop medical guidelines for use in in pre-employment screening or continuing fitness assessment considered a strong plus.
Primary responsibilities involve staff management, billable project work, and support for business development. Staff management involves, but is not limited to, ensuring that staff members have project coverage; ensuring sufficient staffing for HumRRO projects; developing staff capabilities; providing contract oversight and technical supervision of project staff; providing technical oversight to ensure quality, timeliness, and accuracy of deliverables; and working with project directors and clients to meet shifting requirements and provide the highest levels of client satisfaction. Project work involves directing applied research projects, interacting directly with clients, and being part of project teams. Support for business development involves coordinating with business developers to prepare and present descriptions of program capabilities; and establishing and maintaining contacts with current sponsors to obtain continuation and expansion of contracts, identify project opportunities, and contribute to the maintenance and expansion of the HumRRO client base. The Program Manager works with his or her staff, the Business Development Division, and the Talent Management & Analytics Division Director to determine what work and potential clients to pursue and provides quality control on project deliverables, proposals, and marketing packages.
Duties may include:
• Supervising several staff members (e.g., providing work assignments, evaluating performance, coaching);
• Leading project teams and providing technical guidance to junior staff members on job analysis, competency modeling, and/or ergonomic analysis studies;
• Leading project teams and providing technical guidance to junior staff members on the development and validation of psychological (e.g., cognitive ability, job knowledge, situational judgment) and physical ability assessments;
• Conducting client-facing activities, such as facilitating focus groups, working with client technical representatives, and briefing client stakeholders;
• Working with physicians to develop medical guidelines for use in pre-employment screening or continuing fitness assessment;
• Designing and conducting data collection activities;
• Performing statistical and other analyses to facilitate the validation of assessments and interpretation of data;
• Preparing technical reports and documenting research results;
• Coordinating with Business Development Directors to identify, review, and pursue business opportunities;
• Writing technical proposals for new work;
• Developing and delivering presentations to obtain new business.
This individual will report to the Director of the Talent Management & Analytics Division.
Doctoral degree or equivalent experience in industrial-organizational (I-O) psychology or closely related field
• 8+ years post graduate experience
• Demonstrated skill in managing staff and working as part of a team
• Experience working with operational assessment programs (e.g., employee selection and promotion, certification/licensure, or educational testing)
• Experience writing winning proposals for applied research and consulting contracts
• Demonstrated skill in planning, conducting, and managing applied R&D and consulting activities
• Mastery of concepts, principles, and practices related to I-O psychology
• Prefer experience in pre-employment screening or continuing fitness assessment for physically demanding jobs; experience may be with the military, public sector, and/or private sector
Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills and professional/technical writing skills. Willing to travel 20% of time, on average. Knowledge of laws and court decisions affecting the development and application of physical and medical assessments in the workplace (e.g., Americans with Disability Act) considered a plus.
HumRRO, a nonprofit organization located near Old Town Alexandria, VA, and Washington, DC, offers exciting challenges and opportunities in a variety of program areas. We are a national leader in providing customized solutions to issues related to talent management, HR analytics, program evaluation, educational research, program policy and analysis, and other areas that have broad impact.
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.