2 days left
- Full Time
Individual needed to oversee all aspects of the organization’s accounting and financial reporting functions. Responsible for ensuring that accounting functions are carried out in a timely manner, and in accordance with DCAA regulations, CAS, and GAAP. Ensures the maintenance of timely and accurate records to support financial operations. Ensures the proper maintenance of the Costpoint accounting system for the efficient processing and recording of financial transactions. Directly supervise the accounting staff. Support the Chief Financial Officer and work closely with the contracts office, project directors, and the Executive Management Team.
Duties and tasks include:
• Manage Accounting Department staff
• Prepare financial statements
• Prepare annual budget
• Prepare DCAA incurred cost submission
• Monitor daily banking activity
• Prepare bank account reconciliations in CostPoint
• Set up all new contracts (plus modifications) and proposals in CostPoint
• Oversee, assist and/or process payroll in CostPoint
• Assist in preparation of cost proposals as needed
• Maintain Accounting System (SaaS Administrator)
• Assist with annual audits (DCAA & BDO)
• Oversee calendar year-end close (work with AP Administrator 1099s and Payroll Administrator W2s)
• Enter all adjusting and recurring journal entries
• Create customized reports in Cognos Enterprise reporting (CER) as needed
Applicant must be a self-starter and possess excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize workload.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field, with at least 10 years of increasingly responsible corporate accounting experience, preferably in a government contracting environment. Must possess strong working knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, concepts, and methodology. Advanced proficiency in Deltek Costpoint and Microsoft Excel is required. Proficiency in Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and SalesForce is a plus.
HumRRO, a nonprofit organization located near Old Town Alexandria, VA, and Washington, DC, offers exciting challenges and opportunities in a variety of program areas. We are a national leader in providing customized solutions to issues related to strategic human capital management, program evaluation, educational research, program policy and analysis, and other areas that have broad impact.
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.