Responsible for managing all day-to-day functions and routine accounting operations; such as payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, bank reconciliations, etc. Additional responsibilities include daily, weekly and monthly tasks and activities; to include general ledger preparation, managing month-end close and assisting with year-end financial reporting/audit preparation. Serves as back-up to the Controller as necessary.
Requirements -5-6 years of directly related experience in the following:
- Solid knowledge of accounting practices and procedures and ability to apply the same. Financial Statement preparation and analysis
- Financial Accounting Standards for Non-Profit Organizations
- PC applications (Excel, WordPerfect, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Internal control framework
- Familiarity with database applications preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Public accounting, with an emphasis in auditing and/or non-profit accounting
- Payroll administration
- Internal control evaluation/implementation
- Experience supervising, coaching and developing staff
- Technical writing and training (i.e., policies and procedures)
- Demonstrated flexibility in working effectively either independently or collaboratively as circumstances warrant in meeting deadlines and achieving established outcomes.
Problem-solving and analytical experience, including the ability to work well under pressure and meet challenges with resourcefulness.
Please visit our website for more information: http://www.usccb.org/about/employment/