10400 Detrick Avenue
4 Year Degree Grade 27 Minimum: $66,437
This is a professional, supervisory position responsible for directing the operational activities of the purchasing and contract administration and insurance coverage functions of the agency. Will develop, plan and implement procurement and contract administration procedures and practices for the agency. Will ensure that solicitations (Requests for Proposals or Invitations for Bids) are issued appropriately and on a timely basis and that offers (Proposals or Bids) are evaluated promptly and properly in accordance with applicable laws and administrative procedures. Will determine effective and efficient methods of procurement in conformance with applicable laws, ordinances and administrative procedures. Monitor and process all insurance claims and coverage with the exception of insurance for employees.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Public Administration/Management or related field.
- Minimum of four years of experience in the field of procurement and contract administration.
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience.
- Must have knowledge in risk management, specifically with insurance requirements and regulations.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people tactfully and effectively.
- Must have the ability to plan, direct and coordinate the procurement program.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (must be able to manipulate data).
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess good judgment, logic, and common sense.
- Experience with automated accounting systems necessary.
- Certification by a nationally recognized public procurement certifying organization is preferred.