Junior and Lead Developers
Do you want to be part of an Agile team designing and building software and web solutions to support environmental organizations? Are you looking for a flexible work environment that is intellectually challenging and builds software using modern development practices? Join ERG's team of creative, dedicated, and technically skilled professionals where you will work closely with project managers, designers, digital specialists, scientists, engineers, and clients.
We are seeking Junior Developers with 2 to 4 years of programming experience and Lead Developers with 3 to 10 years of programming experience to join a project team located at our Chantilly, Virginia office (Washington DC metro area). The Lead Developer position may also be filled at ERG’s Charlottesville, VA office.
Tasks you may be assigned as a Junior Developer include software programming, researching new and emerging technologies and platforms, and analyzing data to create and deliver valuable and innovative software solutions to clients and their users.
In addition, tasks you may be assigned as a Lead Developer include overseeing the work of junior developers; configuration and maintenance of software and scripts which support development activities, including build, unit level testing, automated testing and deployment of code; creation and maintenance of documentation like coding standards and processes such as peer reviews, configuration management, version control, testing, deployment and operations/runbooks; supporting both internal and customer facing planning sessions with the ability to decompose functionality into Agile-based user story format; and helping identify risks and challenges, offer solutions and communicate them to management.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and include links to your LinkedIn profile and any portfolio or code samples.
All candidates must have:
- At least 2 years of software development experience in a variety of programming languages;
- Experience crafting high-quality, reliable, and maintainable software code;
- A passion for growing his or her skills, enthusiastically keeping up with the latest trends and methods for developing software and managing/analyzing data, and taking on interesting and challenging problems; and
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field, or technical certification, or equivalent experience
The ideal candidate is bright, motivated, detail-oriented and has excellent written and verbal communication abilities. Desirable experience includes:
- Experience programming in .NET;
- Experience using enterprise-oriented software frameworks;
- Experience with Python, PHP, Java, Oracle, or Postgres;
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum project teams; and
- Experience as a Lead Developer or Project Task Lead (for Lead Developer position).
Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is a well-respected consulting firm providing support to a wide range of federal, state, and commercial clients. ERG offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, FSAs, a generous 401k plan, profit sharing, an EAP, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more. For more information about ERG, please visit www.erg.com. An EOE/M/F/Vet/Disability.