User Experience Designer
User Experience Designer
Senior Product Manager
Monday, December 18, 2017
The User Experience (UX) Designer is responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and continuously improve the design to optimize the user experience and achieve business goals.
The UX Designer will measure and enhance the usability of the CAQH ProView application to create the best user experience possible. The UX Designer will explore different approaches to solve end-users’ problems by conducting in-person user tests to observe user behavior. This primary user research will inform new designs and workflows that can implemented efficiently and that will result in a better user experience aligned with stakeholder business goals.
The User Experience Designer reports to the CAQH ProView Senior Product Manager. This position is full time, exempt.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Support product vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver experiences optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design decisions related to existing and new functionality.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Consider existing applications (competitive solutions and relevant design analogues) and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness.
- Conduct user testing of applications, software and websites.
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications.
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to developers, business analysts, and other team members working on the product. Help them understand the motivations and needs providers and health plans.
- Incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply information architecture principles to user experience problems.
- Ability to work with health plans and healthcare providers to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet needs and vision.
- A deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to team members, customers, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- 3 or more years of experience in UX Design.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree required; Design, Computer Science, Information Management, Usability, Human Computer Interaction preferred.
WHAT YOU GET:
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.
WHO WE ARE:
Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2016, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans.
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing federally mandated operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.