Description of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, verify all the supporting documentation, recalculate, and process expense authorizations.
- Generate checks through Microsoft Dynamics SL for vendor invoices, and reimbursements. Prepare and process associated journal entries.
- Prepare and process journal entries to allocate cash to applicable programs.
- Request a W-9 form from new vendors; maintain and update the W-9 form files.
- Assign vendor ID numbers and maintain vendor files; update vendor files every new fiscal year.
- Answer program questions concerning expense authorizations and research vendor inquiries.
- Coordinate with staff to ensure accounts payable is processed on a weekly basis and ensure that any changes in processing dates are communicated to all staff in a timely manner.
- Close Microsoft Dynamics SL accounts payable module for period and year- end.
- Process & prepare invoices for USIP, ASA, CPSI, & other programs as necessary
- Prepare all Journal Entries related to A/R
- Reconcile A/R on a periodic basis, resolve discrepancies, & initiate collections on past due accounts
- Maintain, audit, & update all A/R files to ensure accuracy
- Assist senior staff in updating the Accounting Procedures Manual as needed, evaluate the Invoicing and Collection procedures and make recommendations for quality control & efficiency improvement
- Audit preparation & schedules
- Maintain Cash receipts log
- Verify that Cash Receipts Log, check totals, deposit slip, & Cash Receipt Transmittal form agree
- Match deposit slip with Cash Receipts Transmittal form
- Maintain Cash Receipts Transmittal ledger
Other Accounting Responsibilities
- Monthly Bank Reconciliation
- Perform annual, physical inventory for Central Administration, CRFP & R4S programs
- Backup duties for other Accounting functions as needed.
- Maintain master files for general ledger, journal entries, cash receipts, vouchers, and check processing
- Receive preliminary enrollment reports from participating universities, report insufficient data, reconcile reports, and accurately enter students’ information
- Generate and distribute reports and communicate with members to resolve discrepancies
- Prepare and distribute semester invoices and final billing reports
- Maintaining all records, minutes, and archives related to the program
- Schedule and facilitate quarterly Registrars’ Committee meetings
- Report cross-registration schedule and progress at the quarterly meetings
- Interface with institutions responding to inquiries or requests for any current or historical information. Assist with special projects including upgrades to cross-registration database and any other IT-related projects
- Prepare and publish the annual Academic Calendar & update throughout the semester as needed
Other Duties As Assigned