Information System Security Officer (ISSO) – Linux
Are you an ISSO with expertise in Linux engineering and development? Are you passionate about working with firewalls, intrusion detection systems and cyber security tools? Would you like to join a long-term program in a challenging position that offers excellent rewards? If yes, we want to speak with you!
Sparks Group has partnered with a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. They are a technology leader in numerous areas, and are currently seeking an ISSO to support their Firewall Network Traffic, Intrusion Detection and cyber security tools program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrate multiple small LANs, including administration of security products, virtual Infrastructure, Docker, Network switches and Identity management framework.
- Maintain RMF documentation (e.g. STIG, SSP), configure systems to meet security requirements, perform weekly audits, ensure that security policy is being adhered to on IS.
- Represent IS in yearly external audits, coordinate with other ISSOs and ISSM to implement RMF, and maintain other IS documentation.
- Ensure the proper assessment and implementation of approved security practices and procedures related to information system security policies.
- Validate audit data, responsible for the installation of all relevant security updates/patches, proper addition of hardware and security relevant software, and the associated maintenance log entries.
- Collaborate with the ISSM and various System Administrators on the implementation of NISPOM, ODAA, DAAPM, RMF, STIG, and other DSS security requirements.
- This collaboration includes oversight as well as cooperation to ensure that security measures do not interfere with program deadlines and deliverables.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Linux (CentOS/Redhat) development
- Scripting languages, i.e. BASH, Python
- Development tools: git, make, cmake, gdb, vim
- KVM and Qemu
- Linux system administration
- Adaptec and LSI RAID
- Redhat IPA identity management suite
Other Useful Skills:
- Deep knowledge of RMF and/or NISPOM
- Cisco and HP network switches
- Intel IPP
- Anaconda Python distribution
- Experience using GitLab
- DNS, NFS, SSH, NTP, DHCP, IMAP, TFTP, LDAP, Kerberos
- PXE boot
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- Active Secret clearance required
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!