The incumbent serves as the Head of the Contracting Activity (HCA) and the Director of Contracting and has responsibility for the overall organization, management and direction of the Contracting Department, as well as for compliance with all aspects of Federal and organization procurement law, regulation and policy. The incumbent is the Subject Matter Expert for the Kennedy Center concerning the applicability of Federal statutes, regulations and policies regarding the award and administration of procurement actions using Federal appropriated funds. The incumbent provides guidance as well as technical assistance to the Kennedy Center's senior management and support personnel which includes both Federal and non-Federal employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
30% Leads the procurement function and is responsible for all aspects of the award and administration of supply, service and construction contracting actions using Federal appropriated funds. Interfaces directly with senior personnel both within and outside the organization as needed to accomplish this responsibility.
30% Provides leadership and direction to the procurement organization. Manages and develops assigned personnel to meet organization requirements. Appoints and overseas the performance of Contracting Officers.
15% Senior Contracting Officer with an unlimited warrant responsible for the award of all contracts and modifications of contracts exceeding $25,000.
15% Appoints and overseas the performance of all Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs) for the organization.
5% Source Selection Authority (SSA) for all requirements solicited and awarded using a formal source selection process.
5% Develops, implements and maintains procurement policies, procedures and Kennedy Center regulations.
- BA/BS with significant course work in business and economics
- Extensive course work in all aspects of Federal contracting and program management
- A minimum of 15 years contracting experience, preferably as a GS-1102 Federal employee, in progressively more complex assignments and positions
- Experience as a supervisor of a subordinate work force
- DAWIA Level III in Contracting or equivalent
- Preferably experience as a Contracting Officer with an unlimited warrant for a minimum of 5 years in both pre- and post-award contracting
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Federal acquisition, developing agency level policies and procedures and serving as an acknowledged Subject Matter Expert for senior management on complex acquisition issues
- Detailed knowledge and application skills regarding procurement law and the Federal Acquisition Regulation and OMB Directives
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and oversight
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent price/cost analysis skills
- Excellent leadership skills including demonstrated perspective and understanding of factors impacting the Kennedy Center
- Proven track record of successfully managing risk
- Possess solid computer skills (proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project) and experience with contract writing systems
- Proven ability to be hands on and multitask within a heavy workload environment
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.