The Budget Analyst will work with the Budget Director to develop annual Trust budgets and monthly projection updates. This position will interact with representatives throughout the Kennedy Center to formulate monthly budget projection changes based on actual year to date results and estimates for the remainder of the fiscal year. This position performs ongoing financial analysis of the expenses and revenues related to operating the Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
20% Analyze budgets and projections in comparison to actual revenues and expenses as well as historical data for all Kennedy Center departments to ensure costs are controlled within budget and baseline limits.
20% Combine all the program and department budgets and projections together into a consolidated organizational budget and provide explanations for significant variances.
20% Prepare excel reports as needed for the Budget Director and Chief Financial Officer and fulfill reporting/special project requests from other departments.
15% Act as primary Finance contact for budgeting, projecting, and reporting and provide detailed trainings and refreshers of the Kennedy Center budgeting system as it applies to specific department areas.
15% Generate Board reports and materials for NSO, WNO and Kennedy Center meetings, tailoring excel documents as requested.
5% Act as Budget Office liaison with IT department; collaborating on issues, enhancements, and upgrades regarding Kennedy Center budgeting and reporting systems.
5% Assist in the development and management of the continuous 5 year financial plan, helping to identify efficiencies in the organization.
- 4 Year College Degree preferably with some financial background
- Financial analysis experience minimum 3-5 years
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Advanced knowledge of Excel or similar spreadsheet software.
- Familiarity with Lawson or other similar accounting/financial systems.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong analytical skills. Knowledge of statistical/quantitative analysis methods a plus.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work with staff across many departments.
- Must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines on a regular basis.
- Experience with financial modeling a plus.
- General knowledge of how an arts organization operates / familiar with performing arts finances a plus
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 403(b) retirement plan.